September 11, 2007
BREAKING: White Stripes Cancels Tour Due To Anxiety
Those of you who saw Jack and Meg at the Tower Records – whoops, we mean the Icky Thump Records in-store concert earlier this summer, you might be the only people in LA who will get to see the duo this year in the Southland.
According to an email that was just sent out by the band’s email team, the tour has been ixnayed.
The White Stripes announced today that they are canceling their forthcoming tour due to health issues. Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.
The White Stripes sincerely apologize to their fans.”We hate to let people down and are very sorry.”
Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.
Very sad to hear that this is happening. Especially since we can’t recall a concert at the Forum featuring just one guitarist and one drummer. It would have been history, instead it’s just history.
After the jump the entire dates that are affected…
- 9/13/07 Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium
- 9/15/07 Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival
- 9/16/07 Austin, TX @ Stubbs Bar-B-Q9/18/07 San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 9/19/07 Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
- 9/21/07 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre
- 9/24/07 Anchorage, AK @ George M. Sullivan Sports Arena
- 9/26/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
- 9/27/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
- 9/28/07 Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Theater
- 9/29/07 Salt Lake City, UT @ The E Center
- 9/30/07 Jackson Hole, WY @ Snowking Center
- 10/2/07 Rapid City, SC @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- 10/3/07 Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium
- 10/4/07 Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Center Auditorium
- 10/6/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 10/7/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 10/10/07 Honolulu, HI @ Neal S. Blaisdell Center
Soap box transmission initiated.
Well, first I find it odd that I just came upon this article tonight and they never sent a mass email out through their mailing list like they do for everything else.
Second of all, I’ll quote myself in my Digg comment: “Anxiety means she’s freaking stressed out. Only Xanax, therapy and a vacation can cure that. They’ve been on hiatus for a while since her ex-husband started making babies with some supermodel in front of her. That alone would be cause for a girl to be anxious.”
Third, I doubt it’s a coke habit, unless she’s hanging out with some dumbass like in D’arcy or Courtney Love or has some moron half-assed musician boyfriend in L.A. and got easily influenced. If this is some kind of drug problem, their freaking intergrity will be lost for good.
Fourth, I’m predicting that the band will break up. Or at least disband for a while. Icky Thump has a very “farewell” finale tone to it. As I said before, I think the whole album is about their personal relationship drama.
Fifth, I feel bad for the girl. I’m guess that she puts up with a lot of bullshit.
Sixth, they still hadn’t set any Florida dates so I’m guessing that I’m not going to get to see them live ever.
Seventh, I wonder if Meg just called Jack on the phone and said, “Fuck you, I’m not doing this anymore.”
Soap box transmission complete. For now.